Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More on Benefits of Oil Pulling: My Experience


A great new article posted on Natural News about the benefits of the Ayurvedic tradition of Oil Pulling reminded me to talk about my experience with it so far.
I've been more or less consistent with it for the past couple of months and I have definitely noticed a few differences. One being that my gums no longer bleed like they used to do and that my breath is noticeably fresher and the taste in my mouth is more neutral in the morning.
I started using coconut oil in the beginning and then switched to Hemp oil, which seems to work better and be less uncomfortable, but after reading the recent Natural News article I might try the recommended Sesame oil and see if I get even more results.
The great thing about it is that it is such an easy habit to form. Right upon rising, I simply take the tablespoon of oil and then do my morning yoga, shower, or prepare breakfast. The 12 to 15 recommended minutes go by really fast when you're doing other things.
It could be a really great habit to get children into as well as a powerful addition to their anti-cavity arsenal, as this excerpt from the aforementioned article details;
"Two scientific studies indicate the effect of oil pulling against specific bacteria in the mouth cavity. Streptococcus mutans, which reportedly causes dental caries, was measured. Subjects swished sesame oil in their mouths for ten minutes a day. Within a week, bacterial counts in the mouth were significantly lowered."

Check out this more in depth article here

No comments:

Post a Comment