Thursday, January 27, 2011

" I love Music...And I Want to Make People Dance"

The above spoken by DJ Frank Gossner of the Voodoo Funk blog in the soon to be completed documentary, "Take Me Away Fast", "a film about a DJ who journeys throughout West Africa to discover rare, vinyl recordings of Afro-beat and Afro-funk music."   Frank is a true cultural preservationist; saving a part of these cultures (the film chronicles Ghana, Benin and Togo) that might otherwise be lost forever, as the vinyl is often destroyed or forgotten about.


Through  his blog found out that I could pledge money to help get the film completed by going to the Kickstarter sight of filmaker Leigh Iacobucci.  I couldn't give much but I hope it helps get this film finished.  Looks like it will be a great!
Help Leigh with the completion of the documentary with a pledge even as small as a $1 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment